RR vs LSG, Match Prediction – Who Will Win Rajasthan Royals And Lucknow Super Giants IPL 2023 Match?

It will be a top of the table clash as Sanju Samson-led table-topper RR, who have won 4 of their 5 matches so far, will lock horns with KL Rahul’s second-placed LSG, who have won 3 and lost 2 so far.

RR, who played their first two home games at the Barsapara Stadium in Guwahati, will look to consolidate their position on IPL 2023 points table. Now, we take a look at the form, head-to-head, match prediction and win probability of RR vs LSG:

RR and LSG Form Guide

RR opened their season with a 72-run victory over Sunrisers Hyderabad in Hyderabad, but faced a minor blip following 5-run loss to Punjab Kings in Guwahati. But last season’s runners up soon responded with a 57-run win over Delhi Capitals in Guwahati in their third fixture.

The Royals then made it back-to-back away wins with 3-run victory over four-time champions Chennai Super Kings in Chennai and a 3-wicket win over defending champions Gujarat Titans in Ahmedabad.

LSG, on the other hand, opened their campaign with a 50-run win over Delhi Capitals in Lucknow, but soon suffered a 12-run loss to CSK in Chennai. LSG, however, bounced back with a home 5-wicket win over SRH followed by 1-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore in Bengaluru.

In their most recent outing, the Lucknow-based side suffered a home loss to PBKS, failing to defend 160 despite being on top for most part of the game, taking their home record to 2 wins and 1 defeats.

RR vs LSG Head-to-Head Record

The two sides have clashed only two times so far in the Indian Premier League as Lucknow Super Giants made their debut only last season in IPL 2022, when they lost both the matches failing to chase targets against RR.

RR vs LSG IPL 2023 Match Prediction

Hosts RR will be favourites as they come into the match on the back of a morale-boosting run chase win against Gujarat Titans. LSG, on the other hand, failed to defend a total in their most recent outing.

But with the unknown nature of the wickets at Sawai Mansingh Stadium, the match may be to close to call. However, going by past record, the chasing team has had the most success at the venue, where RR has a decent record.

The recent games in Jaipur have not been high-scoring like in most venues. So, the bowling attack on song on the day will have the upper hand. Both teams may look to strengthening their options.

Royals may bring back all-rounder Jason Holder into the playing 11 to replace Adam Zampa, while LSG may give Quinton de Kock his first opportunity this season in place of Kyle Mayers.

RR vs LSG Win Probability

RR will be the favourites to win as hosts, and with the slightly better bowling options available, we reckon they have around 65 percent chance to win, while LSG have 35 percent chance to get two points. The team chasing, however, will have a good advantage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *